Welcome New Students
Student Support CoordinatorsDedicated Student Support for Students in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
As an undergraduate student in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, the support you receive at Brookes is unparalleled; our dedicated Student Support Coordinators are on hand from the day you start to the day you leave.
They are here to help with anything from academic advice, such as helping you choose your route through the modules, through to any personal issues you may experience. If they don't know the answer to your question, they will know someone who will.
Their main responsibilities are:
- Supporting students academically and personally, throughout their degree
- Regular office hours
- Liaising with other support departments in the university
- Programme planning and support
- Attending subject and departmental meetings to represent students
- Induction programme for new students, recruiting, training and supporting guiders
- Within-subject communication
- How to access and use PIP
- Visit Days and Open Days
- Organising events (social events, careers seminars, guest speakers, etc)
Student Support Coordinators specialise in particular subjects. However, if the person you want to speak to is unavailable, go and see one of the others.
History of Art
||Communication, Media and Culture
Early Childhood Studies
English Language and Communication
Religion and Theology