More about MA Creative Writing
MA Creative Writing
The Creative Writing MA will grow your writing through work with established writers, industry professionals, teaching specialists and your peers, whilst you experience this most literary of all cities.
Our Creative Writing Fellows lead on average a major workshop session every other week of each semester as well as other shorter sessions.
Our students get published
After reading from her Young Adult novel at the 2012 Annual Showcase Helen Eve has a two-book deal…
The work of our core staff of practicing and published creative writers and academics is supported by our unique group of distinguished Creative Writing Fellows and guest speakers who include:
- Philip Pullman – author of internationally best-selling trilogy His Dark Materials
- Sarah Dunant – bestselling author of Sacred Hearts
- Kate Clanchy – winner of BBC National Short Story 2009
- James Meek – author of the Booker Prize long-listed The People’s Act of Love)
- Patience Agbabi – star performance poet and author of Bloodshot Monochrome
- Nick Cohen – star Observer journalist and bestselling author
- John L. Williams – responsible for commissioning three titles short-listed for the Orange Prize and one for the Booker Prize
Dr James Hawes is the author of six novels with Jonathan Cape including a Sunday Times bestseller and two novels adapted to the screen starring Joseph Fiennes and Michael Sheen respectively.
Tobias Hill was selected as one of the country’s Next Generation poets and shortlisted for the 2004 Sunday Times Young Writer of the Year. His collection of stories, Skin, won the Pen-Macmillan Prize for Fiction.
Undergraduate Creative Writing Anthology
An online showcase for work produced by students who took the Specialist Option in Creative Writing in the final year of the BA English degree.